On the outside, your life might look just fine to others but on the inside, you don’t feel FINE.
You work hard to keep things moving ahead and although you don’t want to feel the way you do, lately your thoughts and feelings have become heavier to manage – by yourself. Why does it seem that for everyone else around you, life seems to be easy and fluid?
What I can tell you is everyone goes through their life’s journey handling pressures, stressors, expectations, responsibilities, you name it, that in time, can seem overwhelming. And, just because those other women who you “think” have it all together aren’t talking about their challenges, that doesn’t mean they aren’t going through similar struggles. What’s worse, if your girlfriends aren’t sharing their deepest struggles, that only reinforces that you shouldn’t either, leaving you feeling more alone in your struggle.
Doing life requires adjusting your inner GPS. If you are approaching 50 or North of it, everything around you seems to be going through some sort of change, and through it all, you may realize you’ve lost track of an important part of yourself:
- Your self-esteem and self-compassion need uplifting.
- You have difficulty feeling joy in life (even after taking inventory of all the great things in your life).
- You have become familiar with feelings of worry, anxiety, or stress.
- You’ve wondered if there isn’t more to your life and/or career?
- You’ve been asking tough questions that have no satisfactory answers, such as “Why me?”, Why this?”, “Why now?”
- You are stuck in the woulda, shoulda, coulda, thought cycle.
Time to recalibrate that GPS!
THE GOOD NEWS IS, THIS IS ALL NORMAL
As happens with many of us, we sometimes get stuck and can use a helping, supportive hand to help us up (and give us a bit of a kick in the pants).
WHO ARE MY CLIENTS?
Women who are challenged by:
- Low-level Depression
- Work, Career, and Professional Burnout
- Comparing themselves to everyone else
- Chasing perfectionism and thinking of themselves as an imposter.
- Difficulty managing time
- Women moving through life transitions or looking to create one.
Although you can’t change your past, together we can better understand and move you forward through your current life challenge. We’ll get that GPS of yours recalibrated, creating your roadmap, and work on those small steps that all equal massive action. A little bit of accountability doesn’t hurt in helping you stay the course while you are at it,
I Am Ready ~ Are You?
I approach my work from the belief that the person is not the problem but that the problem, is the problem. I take a curious, non-judgemental, ‘client is the expert in their life’ stance and collaborate with you, providing you with practical tools and skills that you can use so that you can experience feeling empowered in your life, outside of my office.
I invite you to schedule a no-cost 20-minute call as your first step to explore working together.
~ Brené Brown